Monday, January 31, 2011

Two weeks in a Row

Pretty happy with the pregnant body lately.  First, the nausea seems to have subsided.  Second, it managed to get me through a 67 mile bike ride (avg. 15 mph) on Saturday and an 8 mile run on Sunday (two weeks in a row - whoohoo) and still feel good when I got finished.  It's truly amazing what the body can do.  It's a whole new world exercising when pregnant.  You pay way more attention to your body.  I do way better at fueling and hydrating.  I listen to my breathing and make sure it's never labored.  Every twitch or ache is evaluated before moving on.  I thought it would be bothersome, but it's refreshing in it's own way.  It's teaching me to use my power more than my lungs.  It gives a whole new appreciation for what my body already does and now it's doing all that while it's busy making a new little life.

I seem to be gaining and expanding on schedule.  There is a definite baby bump in place as well as around 6-7 extra pounds.  They say you hit the 2nd trimester and things turn around and you have renewed energy and I think they are right.  It wasn't spot on 13 weeks, but at almost 16 weeks it's feeling pretty good.  Let's hope it lasts.

As for tonight - looks like I'm going to go do a 4 miler with Brooke.  With the winter storm warning we have it might be the last time we leave the house for a day or two, so better enjoy!

Till next time, run on!

No comments:

Post a Comment