Monday, January 24, 2011

8 miler

I got to looking at my training log.  Basically I ran the Mother Road Marathon 10-10-10 then I took a couple weeks off.  Got back to running low mileage, found out I was pregnant, then went and hiked the Grand Canyon.  Since we've been back from there runs have been either 4 or 6 miles and mostly on the 4 mile side.  I had one 7 miler in November, an 8 miler on December 31, and finally another 8 miler yesterday.

My goal has been to not push myself too hard.  With long rides on Saturdays it has just felt like too much to do much of a run on Sundays, but I think a lot of that had to do with my sinus infection.  I'm back to feeling better and I got up feeling like I wanted to run this Sunday.  It was nice.  I had my friend Brooke with me for 4 miles so they went quick.  The other 4 consisted of 2 to her house and 2 home so alone time was broken up.  It definitely was not the quickest pace, but that's really not the point right now.  :-)

It's good to feel like running again.  I hope this continues.

I've been more aggressive about yoga lately too.  I've been doing it 4-5 nights a week.  It really helps with stretching, flexibility, relaxation, and sleep.  Ultimately helping with my running and desire to run possibly??  :-)

Till next time - run on!

1 comment:

  1. Was fun running again...yep, that bike ride is sure getting in the way ;-) hehehehe

    ReplyDelete