Friday, January 15, 2010

Mental Mileage Meltdown

Maybe the decision to track my weekly, monthly, yearly mileage wasn't the best - the numbers are much more exciting when you wait until the end of the year, add them all up and SURPRISE - you've accomplished something.  Right now it's a little depressing.  We are on the 2nd week in January and my mileage is basically a marathon - .1 miles short of one actually.  So, to date I have only run the amount that I did in one day twice last year - that hurts a little.  So, to help myself feel better on a separate spreadsheet I am tracking my biking mileage, spinning, yoga, weights, swimming hours as well as my # of crunches.  This makes my overall look a little better - it equals about 12 hours of exercise over 15 days, better, but still not where I want to be.  However, if you take into consideration that I did nothing for 5 of those days because of family commitments and/or sickness it sounds a skosh better.  This week for example I have worked out at least one hour each day (except for Sunday with my super fast 5K race time of 24:37 - lol).  I'm hoping this is the kind of week I needed to get me back into the swing of things.  Next week will test me though with a trip out of town.  I hope to persevere!

Regarding biking - I'm back at it - I've ridden to/from work every day this week.  The weather has been pretty great for it and the roads are finally clear.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment