Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Still plodding along

My running has still been hit and miss between travel to New Orleans for Mardi Gras and the minor aches, pains, and fatigue of pregnancy.  But, it's still happening and right now I'm going to consider that good.
I'm not going to catch back up completely (b/c to be honest I didn't keep great records), but lets start with last Friday and go from there.  I was able to get in a 4 mile run prior to work.  Saturday we went to Tulsa for the man to race bikes.  He took the time and energy to ride with me for 40 minutes (a couple hours before his race). Between that and walking the dogs on the course to cheer him on I considered Saturday semi-successful (considering we were on the road).  Sunday he raced again.  I only managed to run a couple miles in between his laps (mostly b/c it was colder than anticipated and I hadn't brought the right clothes).  However, in order to get the best views of his race I hiked up and down the side of the dam 3 times and let me tell you it was steep!  So, not as much as I would like, but there was movement.
Monday started off good with a 6.5 mile run with Brooke in the cold.  I have to say, I got a sun burn on Saturday and that made getting up to run in "feels like" 24 degree weather a whole lot harder.  Not to mention it started raining on us prior to the finish.  At least I had good company!  Unfortunately, I also had chaffing.  Not sure if it was the wet or just an ill fitting jog bra, but I must remedy the situation.  Once you get some it's very hard to keep it at bay with something continually rubbing it.  Argh.
Today was back to spin class.  Hoping tomorrow leads to another run, and Thursday another spin class.  Friday we head to Port Aransas for a pre-baby getaway.  We've rented a tandem to cruise around town and if that's the only exercise I get I will be happy, but a run on the beach might be nice as well.  We'll just have to see.  :-)

Till next time - run on!
Chanti

3 comments:

  1. Have a great get away....things will change!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip! I have to agree, things will change, but it's the best change EVER! By the way...did you find out the sex? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, sorry I have so neglected my blog!
    It's a GIRL! :-)

    ReplyDelete