Monday, November 14, 2011

Pumpkin Run 5 mile - a Family run

Still just getting back into somewhat consistent running post-baby so when the topic of the Pumpkin Run came up I was hesitant.  I knew I could make it 5 miles (well, pretty sure anyway), but I was concerned about 5 miles pushing a stroller with hills.  So B and I decided we'd do a family run and have the option of taking turns with the stroller...and it was a good thing we did!!  Our little Mira, who generally likes the stroller and/or sleeps decided to throw a bit of a fit about 2 miles in.  We walked for a bit and I picked her up and consoled her.  We put her back in the stroller and took off.  About 3 miles in she was fussy again so we decided to stop and try a diaper change.  It helped for a bit, but then I knew she had decided she was hungry...sigh.  So, about mile 3-1/2 I put my nursing wrap on and proceeded to walk and nurse the little bugger.  It was just what she needed and let me tell you she was hungry!  She nursed while we walked at a decent clip for over a mile, then for a while longer till we got a good burp.  We were able to get her snuggled up in her stroller again and cross the finish line running (at a disturbing 1:08).  Regardless of our time, it was a beautiful day shared with other friends doing something we love.   

No comments:

Post a Comment